Terms and Conditions
By applying for your OneCard, you agree to the terms of the following agreement. The OneCard account is a prepaid debit account. Once your application is approved, you may use the OneCard to pay for purchases at participating campus locations up to the amount of your OneCard account balance (some applications have daily limits). You cannot withdraw cash from your OneCard account unless you are ending your relationship with the university.
- This agreement is executed between the individual named on the front of this page (the participant) and Wayne State University (WSU). This agreement references a OneCard account, which is an option available to WSU students, faculty, staff and certain WSU affiliates. The OneCard Service Center administers this agreement to Wayne State University.
- The participant’s university affiliation or status will determine the term of this agreement. The term for Students is from the time this agreement and the initial deposit is received by the OneCard Service Center until the participant graduates, withdraws or otherwise severs their relations with Wayne State University. The term for Faculty/Staff is from the time this agreement and the OneCard Service center received the initial deposit until the Faculty/Staff member terminates employment at WSU. The term for Other Affiliation is from the time this agreement and the OneCard Service Center receives the initial deposit until the participant no longer has Wayne State University affiliation.
- The OneCard account is automatically closed at the end of the agreement. The OneCard Service Center reserves the right to close any OneCard account that has been inactive for a period of twelve (12) months. Refunds on the closed accounts greater than $5 may be requested and will be made at the full value (if greater than $5) of the unused balance. Refunds will be mailed to the last known address. All debts on the participant’s student account must be satisfied prior to a check being processed for a refund. Any negative OneCard account balances will be charged to the participant’s student account or billed directly to the participant.
- The participant’s OneCard will be the access device for the OneCard account. The card must be presented at the time of purchase and shall be the only means of accessing the participant’s account.
- This account is non-transferable. The cardholder may be charged a fee and their card may be confiscated by authorized Wayne State University staff if the card has been loaned to another individual. Additional ID may be required to ensure that only the participant uses the account. The participant may be required to sign a receipt for goods.
- Information regarding the participant’s account or transaction may be disclosed to third parties when necessary to complete transactions, when the condition or existence of an account must be verified, to comply with government agency or court orders, or with the participant’s written permission.
- Wayne State University reserves the right to determine hours of operations and pricing for the goods and services available for purchase with the account.
- Should the participant’s identification number change after execution of this agreement, he/she must notify the OneCard/Parking Service Center as soon as possible. The address and phone number for the OneCard Service Center is as follows: OneCard Service Center, 42 W. Warren #257, Detroit, Michigan 48202. (313) 577-CARD (2273).
The fee for replacing a lost OneCard is $10. Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately to the OneCard Service Center at (313) 577-2273 during normal business hours or deactivated online. If the cardholder does not deactivate a lost or stolen card, the OneCard Service Center and Wayne State University are not responsible for any charges made to the account. Lost or stolen cards should be deactivated immediately at www.pipeline.wayne.edu.
- Log into Pipeline
- Access OneCard Account
- Deactivate Card
- Any cases of fraud related to a student’s OneCard could result in a judicial process with the Wayne State University Judicial Office – Dean of Students Office.
- The OneCard system is an online program and relies on fiber connections, modems, and underground lines to communicate with the OneCard account server. If one of these means of communication becomes non-functional, it is possible for the reader to record and store any debit transactions that have occurred. These transactions will be posted to the participant's account after the connection is restored. The posting can be equal to or greater than the participant's current account balance. The participant is also responsible for any usage charges that post to their OneCard account after all postings are completed.